Julie Emerson Talks Fire Alarm

capitol 2

On today’s show, State Representative Julie Emerson talked with Brian about a situation yesterday when the Capitol had to be evacuated due to a fire alarm because of a small kitchen fire.  The voter board was in the chamber when the fire alarm sounded, causing them to evacuate.  It is unknown whether the fire alarm went off due to a grease fire, or if someone just needed some fresh air.  No significant damage was reported except a few scorched towels and some burnt burgers.

Show Sponsors

About author

Brian Haldane

Brian started in radio in late 2004 as a part-time board operator, but “made his bones” in the business a year later when Hurricane Katrina struck, catapulting him into a full time position covering both news and production of live broadcasts. Haldane was promoted to Program Director in 2008 and held that post until 2011 when he was recruited to help launch a new station. In 2011, Brian helped launch Talk 107.3 FM. He was the morning show co-host, and helped build the show and the station into a top 10 performer. From there, Brian has moved on to work in Inbound Marketing, where he strives to marry the worlds of traditional advertising w/ the marketing methods of tomorrow. He also hosts a number of podcasts, including The Red Bayou Show, which is featured here.

No comments